Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 14:07:46 +0300

> Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 12:49:48 +0300
> Cc: philipk@posteo.net, yantar92@posteo.net, luangruo@yahoo.com,
>  stefankangas@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev>
>
> On 01/09/2023 09:07, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >> What I'm trying to say here is: Email might look like it's easy to use,
> >> but in the context of a mailing list it's not necessarily so, even from
> >> the technical side.  These text entry boxes on Github et al. definitely
> >> feel easier and more inviting to use.
> > Yes, but the cost is that you need to proactively to visit each and
> > every GitHub repository to see whether something new was posted in the
> > subjects of your interest, and then refresh the page every so often.
>
> Not really. You visit every such repository once, then click "Watch" on
> the whole repo, or "Subscribe" to individual issues, and see
> notifications go into your email inbox whenever something happens (there
> are some granularity settings as well).

I know.  But the "Watch" feature IME produces a lot of noise, and
there's no way AFAIK to be selective there.  For example, I don't want
to see the "closed" and "merged" notifications, not machine-generated
links to commits, I only want to see discussions posted by humans.

In any case, this feature of GitHub is not relevant, because in this
sub-thread I was comparing the email-based workflow with the GitHub
one.  That GitHub has a feature to deliver email is not relevant since
the message to which I responded in effect said "I don't want to use
email".

> Email is still very much a part of most people's work day.

Not according to the OP, no.