Re: [elpa] externals/standard-themes 0604883ecc: Expand 'deftheme' with

From: Protesilaos Stavrou
Subject: Re: [elpa] externals/standard-themes 0604883ecc: Expand 'deftheme' with metadata
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 12:15:22 +0300

> From: Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net>
> Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 07:43:55 +0000
>
> ELPA Syncer <elpasync@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> branch: externals/standard-themes
>> commit 0604883ecc89f37f2d8fcb33ec3c8f7f2b8bbe2e
>> Author: Protesilaos Stavrou <info@protesilaos.com>
>> Commit: Protesilaos Stavrou <info@protesilaos.com>
>>
>>     Expand 'deftheme' with metadata
>>
>>     This is to support new features in Emacs where themes can specify
>>     the set they belong to, as well as whether they are light or dark.
>>     The built-in command is 'theme-choose-variant'.
>>
>>     This is in response to Emacs bug#65468:
>>     <https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65468>.  Thanks to
>>     Mauro Aranda for bringing this matter to my attention.

> [... 20 lines elided]
>
> Please note that this will cause an issue for anyone using the package
> before Emacs 29, because deftheme only accepts 1-2 arguments before
> da2e6da72296.

Thank you Philip!  In that the case, I will have to revert the commit
and only apply it to the modus-themes on the emacs.git trunk.

That granted, I am evaluating the following with Emacs 28 and it does
not throw an error (see attached screenshot as well):

    (deftheme modus-operandi
      "Elegant, highly legible theme with a white background.
    Conforms with the highest legibility standard for color contrast
    between background and foreground in any given piece of text,
    which corresponds to a minimum contrast in relative luminance of
    7:1 (WCAG AAA standard)."
      :background-mode 'light
      :kind 'color-scheme
      :family 'modus)