Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 08:42:37 +0300

> From: Danny Freeman <danny@dfreeman.email>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, philipk@posteo.net, emacs-devel@gnu.org,
>  manuel.uberti@inventati.org
> Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 21:58:48 -0400
>
> The development model Emacs follows is much different than some
> developers are accustom to in their day jobs (myself included), and is
> not what other contributors to the clojure emacs packages prefer.

IME, the development model of Emacs is an important reason why Emacs
is still alive and kicking almost 40 years since it was first
developed.  And important major modes in Emacs are alive and kicking
with it.  So inclusion in Emacs and the pains of adjusting to a
different development model are justified if one wants the major mode
to remain alive for many years to come.  Something to think about, I
guess.