Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Danny Freeman
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 21:58:48 -0400

>> Well down the road when clojure-ts-mode has stabilized I will make sure
>> we will revisit the idea of moving it to the core. Until then, I hope
>> y'all see the value of making it available in NonGNU ELPA.
>
> This seems pragmatic given the current resistance to add the package
> to Emacs among some of its developers.  It will, of course, be
> positive for both Emacs and the Clojure community if we can revisit
> this in the future, so it is good that you intend to do that later.

I do intend to. Right now the package is still a long way from being
anywhere near done, which is why I've kept is on major version 0. Once
it has stabilized and can be considered mostly "complete" I will bring
this up again.

The development model Emacs follows is much different than some
developers are accustom to in their day jobs (myself included), and is
not what other contributors to the clojure emacs packages prefer. That
along with the copyright assignment process that some have fundamental
disagreements with makes this a difficult thing to push for. I am not
the only person involved in the clojure emacs projects, indeed I am a
relatively new contributor. Like I said, I will try, but I cannot
guarantee results.

> Thanks for working on this package and for pushing for its inclusion
> on NonGNU ELPA.

Happy to be the one to do it.

Thank you,
--