Re: Android port

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: Android port
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2023 15:07:38 +0200

I wrote:
> already contains --conditional-dependencies (see emacs/lib/gnulib.mk.in).
> Combine this with the feature explained in
> https://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/manual/html_node/Extending-Gnulib.html

PS: The differences between this approach and the OMIT_GNULIB_MODULE_*
approach (as far as I understand it) are:

* This approach uses only documented Gnulib features.
  Whereas the OMIT_GNULIB_MODULE_* approach hacks generated files and
  is thus more fragile.

* This approach has an effect on both the set of .m4 code executed by
  configure _and_ the generated Makefiles.
  Whereas the OMIT_GNULIB_MODULE_* approach does not change what happens
  at configure time, it only modifies the generated Makefiles.

Paul, please correct me if that is not correct?

Bruno