Re: HAVE_FAST_UNALIGNED_ACCESS

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: HAVE_FAST_UNALIGNED_ACCESS
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 18:57:41 +0200

30 mars 2023 kl. 13.38 skrev Vibhav Pant <vibhavp@gmail.com>:

> I had recently made a few modifications to this on master. There,
> Fstring_lessp in uses the macro UNALIGNED_LOAD_SIZE instead, which is
> defined to __sanitizer_unaligned_loadXX in lisp.h if:
>
> * We're building with AddressSaniziter,
> * <sanitizer/common_interface_defs.h> is available, and
> * USE_SANITIZER_UNALIGNED_LOAD is defined.

Thank you for making this improvement earlier -- I think using memcpy would
subsume __sanitizer_unaligned_loadXX, so I'm going with that in my patch.
Another approach would be to disable this poor man's vectorisation when the
sanitiser is enabled but that shouldn't be necessary.

The vectorisation is still only made on specific platforms, of course.

Eli, would this patch be acceptable for emacs-29?