Re: Eglot tests on EMBA

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Eglot tests on EMBA
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 13:45:51 +0100

Michael, eglot-test-multiline-eldoc doesn't fail locally for me (or
in the GitHub CI system (https://github.com/joaotavora/eglot/actions)
though that is not running master.

After reading the logs,  I think it comes down to how you installed
pylsp on EMBA.   I think you should do it with

   pip install "python-lsp-server[all]"

which install its "providers", which are some type of contribs.

We could have code in eglot-tests.el to check if these "providers"
are installed into pylsp, but I think it's better to just install
pylsp like I provided, and start thinking of some other less
problematic server for these tests.

Maybe move the test to clangd.  I think it would be equally
valid.  But I've not made up my mind if Eglot tests should test
a wide or narrow field of language servers.  Opinions welcome.

João

--
João Távora