Re: Emacs segfaults when handling wrong_type_argument backtrace

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs segfaults when handling wrong_type_argument backtrace
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 13:30:23 +0300

> From: Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org>
> Cc: Jonas Jelten <jj@sft.lol>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 09:36:25 +0000
>
> Eli if we want to avoid spurious bug reports due to stale eln-cache we
> can also increment ABI_VERSION in comp.c.  Not sure is something we want
> to do tho.  Please let me know if you think is appropriate in this case.

I don't think we need to increment ABI_VERSION to avoid bug reports,
no.  Yes, that places additional burden on my and your shoulders
(perhaps mainly on yours), but bumping the ABI_VERSION has its own
downsides (e.g., it requires recompilation of all the preloaded
files), and I don't think this is justified.  People who track
development versions and use that for production sessions will have to
be prepared to clean up their eln-cache from time to time, when
changes like this one are made.