Re: Help with debugging

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Help with debugging
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 19:53:53 +0300

> Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 14:03:12 +0000
> From: c.buhtz@posteo.jp
>
> > Are we sure that this doesn't happen because the system is running out
> > of RAM?
>
> Good idea. But Emacs 27 was running well on the same machine including
> an open Thunderbird and XFCE desktop (via XRDP).
>
> Does Emacs 29 consume much more RAM then 27?

It shouldn't, but if you built Emacs with native-compilation support,
then it will fork additional Emacs processes to perform just-in-time
native compilation, and that could consume more memory.

> I'll have a closer look the next time.

I suggest to look at the system's log, any programs killed because
they've ran out of memory should be mentioned there.