Re: Code quality of some -ts-mode major modes

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Code quality of some -ts-mode major modes
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 23:45:00 +0200

On 17/03/2023 15:54, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
I repeat my question from above, if we are ready to link to the
grammars, wouldn't it make sense to populate the variable
`treesit-language-source-alist' directly?
No, I don't want to do that, see above for the reasons.  (We had this
discussion about 2 months ago, when the command was added to Emacs.)

FWIW, I had no problems with that conclusion, but then I noticed that we keep a separate list of sources inside admin/notes/tree-sitter, which basically contains the same info, as well as all 6 known exceptions to the general scenario (where in the usual case we can determine everything just from the name of the language).

If we're going to keep it updated (and we apparently are), why not move that info to treesit-language-source-alist instead.

We can make it a defcustom, to emphasize that people should update it whenever they see the data is old.