Re: Code quality of some -ts-mode major modes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Code quality of some -ts-mode major modes
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 18:35:45 +0200

> From: Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net>
> Cc: ruijie@netyu.xyz,  casouri@gmail.com,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 15:49:15 +0000
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> >> I don't know of any language with multiple independent implementations
> >
> > I do.  Indeed, most have just one.  But not all.
>
> Could you give me an example that I could try out?

One example I know of is sql.  I think there's at least one other, but
I don't remember which one.

> > No you are mistaken.  We do want this to signal an error if
> > tree-sitter is not compiled in or the grammar is not available.
>
> But it doesn't, or am I completely oblivious that
>
>   (treesit-ready-p 'something-i-just-made-up)
>
> just displays a warning?

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Are you saying that the above
is silent, or are you saying that it pops up a warning instead of
signaling an error?  If the latter, this is the intended behavior;
sorry for confusingly saying it should error out.