Treesit says grammar is unavailable when it

From: mprodrigues
Subject: Treesit says grammar is unavailable when it
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 09:24:25 +0000

Hello,

I've been trying to test the new tree-sitter modes, but I'm having some
difficulties and would like to debug this. I have tried dockerfile-ts-mode,
python-ts-mode and yaml-ts-mode, of these only dockerfile worked, for
the other two I get:

Warning (treesit): Cannot activate tree-sitter, because language grammar
for python is unavailable (not-found): (libtree-sitter-python libtree-sitter-python.so)
No such file or directory

but I have yaml and python's grammar under ~/.emacs.d/tree-sitter
I tried compiling the grammars myself and use emacs's own
treesit-install-language-grammar to no avail. How can I debug this?

My emacs version is 30.0.50

Best regards,
Mateus Rodrigues