Re: Adding support for xref jumping to headers/interfaces

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Adding support for xref jumping to headers/interfaces
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 16:23:12 +0200

On 06/03/2023 16:15, John Yates wrote:
But I suppose some simpler languages might have no "extra" searches to
suggest. I wouldn't necessarily oppose rebinding xref-find-extra in such
major mode to something different, as long as the command is doing
something related.
At the very least that expectation should be documented.  Better yet
would be to have a concrete example of an appropriate rebinding.

I don't have one yet.

But this issue is not limited to Xref commands: major modes have been rebinding global key bindings for a long time.