Re: server.el test failures

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: server.el test failures
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 00:00:31 -0800

On 3/2/2023 11:15 PM, Jim Porter wrote:
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 14:15:49 -0800
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, eggert@cs.ucla.edu, emacs-devel@gnu.org
From: Jim Porter <jporterbugs@gmail.com>

Would that be safe? Since 'parameters' is an argument, we don't actually
know how it was created or if modifying in-place would be ok. If it were
just a regular quoted list, using 'setf' could cause problems.

If this aspect could be an issue, perhaps it is better to implement
the change without touching 'parameters' at all?  It isn't hard, it
just might make the change less elegant and slightly larger.

Pushing onto the front of 'parameters' should be safe, in the sense that after 'make-frame' returns, the caller wouldn't be able to tell that we did anything to it. So long as the caller can't tell, I think it's ok.

However, there might be a better way to do this anyway; I'll think it over.

Ok, I think this is better. Now, instead of messing with 'parameters', when in batch mode, we just always treat the window-system as nil (i.e. create a terminal frame). I ran the server tests with this patch, and they all look good.