Re: Merging feature/android

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Merging feature/android
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 21:42:30 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Rewriting the configury is OK, but that still doesn't need
> ifavailable, AFAIU.  For example, we build with HarfBuzz if that is
> available, but we don't use ifavailable for it.  How is this one
> different?

Well, it would be a nasty shock for someone to configure --with-modules,
and not get an error when dynamic modules cannot be used.

> What do you mean by "from the wrong copy"?  The two copies are
> identical, no?  They are generated for the same platform, right?

They are generated for different platforms: the first copy is generated
for the system which is building Emacs (where we need an emacs binary to
build the ELCs), whilst the second copy in cross/ is generated for the
Android system.

> In any case, before we include two copies, we should ask Gnulib folks
> for help in this matter.

Perhaps Paul has a better idea, yes.  Thanks in advance.