Re: master fe7c015b20: Support XFCE in wallpaper.el

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: master fe7c015b20: Support XFCE in wallpaper.el
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 15:42:51 -0400

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> The screen number should be the following part of the `display' frame
> parameter:
>
>   1.1.1.1:0.5
>             ^ screen number is 5
>
> if there is no period after the separator, then the screen number is 0.
>
> The currently active workspace can be obtained like so:
>
>   (x-window-property "_NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP" nil "CARDINAL" 0 nil t)
>
> if it fails by returning NULL, then you should fall back to:
>
>   (x-window-property "WIN_WORKSPACE" nil "CARDINAL" 0 nil t)
>
> and failing that, 0.
>
> The monitor name should also be easy to extract with
> display-monitor-attributes-list, but if the source is anything other
> than "XRandr", "XRandr 1.5" or "Gdk", you should fall back to using "0".

Thanks, I've pushed a fix to master based on the above.  I very much
appreciated the clear instructions above, which saved me a ton of time.

I had to jump through extra hoops to get it to work also in the
situation that Thierry described, however.  See commit b0289e7f6d and in
particular bb9df76dc9.

I installed XFCE on my machine to test the change and it works for me.
If someone with XFCE could test that the change works for them, that
would be welcome.