Re: Math symbols

From: Visuwesh
Subject: Re: Math symbols
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 14:17:55 +0530

[சனி செப்டம்பர் 24, 2022] Augusto Stoffel wrote:

> I meant that I see two mutually exclusive possibilities:
>
> A. Add my package to ELPA.
> B. Make the symbols names built into Emacs somehow.
>
> In case B my package becomes irrelevant because there will be better
> ways to implement its functionality in Emacs directly.

For (B), we can create a "core" TeX input method that only has
translations for \thingies then use the decode map generated by Quail
(see quail-decode-map) to create a "fancy" TeX input method which
inherits the "core" IM and adds other stuff like ^1, ---, etc.
(Currently, CREATE-DECODE-MAP is set to nil for the TeX IM.)