Re: master 94380420e2: Support Noto Emoji font as fallback

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 94380420e2: Support Noto Emoji font as fallback
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 13:47:46 +0300

> From: Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 10:55:01 +0200
>
> Nice. On a related note, 'Noto Sans <script>' is fairly commonly
> available for codepoints in <script>, perhaps we should add those as
> fallbacks as well? (the version I have here has support for 169
> different scripts)

I'm not sure.  We should at least figure out how wide-spread those
fonts are, and whether people really prefer them better than what
their systems provide OOTB.  FWIW, the visual appearance of the Google
Noto fonts is not always appealing to me.  But the above could at
least be a good idea for historic scripts that are not used in
contemporary live cultures.