Re: [ELPA] New package: toc-mode

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: toc-mode
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 22:51:35 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> I did not know about the package. Though when I read
> `toc-mode' I got idea that it will generate table of
> contents for various lightweight markup languages, such as
> markdown, txt2tags, restructured text, asciidoc, org
> and similar.
>
> My suggestion is that you rename it to indicate it is about
> PDF, like `toc-pdf-mode'.

Maybe but the TeX/LaTeX people recognize ToC ...

It's like people into sports know MVP and people into war
vehicles and tech know ACVs and UAVs.

Here is some creative TeX for YOU from a seasoned PRO
(actually those where 2 out of 4 times I ever did it).
That's interesting, right? You don't find that creative C from
a guy who wrote 4 C programs. Does it work different for
different languages or did I happen to have two or three
seasons when I was just in a league of my own?

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/hs-linux/docs/report/report.pdf (PDF)
  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/hs-linux/docs/report/report.tex (LaTeX)
  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/borta/borta.pdf (PDF)
  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/borta/ (LaTeX)

But OTOH I still understand all my C, ever and all ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal