Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2022 12:38:28 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> The command has a doc string. Did you read it? If so, and if
> the doc string didn't explain that, please ask
> specific questions.

Don't we need an interface that actually executes the wishes
of the user as specified with the provided argument(s) so that
middle level of using "produced code" can be
skipped altogether? Something like

  (set-unprintable-char-char chr)

And CHR can be optional and default to #xfffd if that's the
"Unicode replacement character".

However ... if it is, why should that have to be done at all?

  (setq use-default-values t)

?

--
underground experts united