Re: Magit

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Magit
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2022 09:04:23 +0000

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > I don't think that will ever happen.  Magit has many contributors, and
>   > many of them hasn't completed the paperwork.
>
> Talking with them about this is not impossible.  It just takes work.

Magit itself has 315 contributors of which approximately 70-90 have
significant contributions by my estimate.  There are certainly a few
that have already signed the CA, but there are plenty that have done so
either a long while ago and would not be difficult to contact.  And
with this many people there are always plenty who are disinterested or
actively hostile towards assigning their copyright, which is always an
unpleasant situation.

It might not be "impossible" in the literal sense of the word, but that
doesn't make it much easier either.