Re: [NonGNU] New packages: avy-menu, flyspell-correct and friends

From: Jai Flack
Subject: Re: [NonGNU] New packages: avy-menu, flyspell-correct and friends
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 03:46:59 +0000

> Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> writes:
>
>> Jai Flack <jflack@posteo.net> writes:
>>
>>> The package does offer a completing-read interface in
>>> flyspell-correct.el as a default.
>>
>> As a long-time user of the package, I would like to see it become a part of
>> vanilla Emacs, now that the standard completing read API exists.
>
> This is part of the reason why I wanted to see if there was a reason
> against adding it to GNU ELPA first, and possibly the core later on.
>
>> Rudy

They've already had some discussion about getting the package in GNU ELPA,
it seems three of the contributors have yet to respond (it is noted that
two of them have previously contributed to Emacs) and one can't have the
copyright assignment. Only considering flyspell-correct.el there is ~19
lines of nontrivial changes by the contributor that can't get copyright
assignment.

Provided they would be happy with it, what are the requirements for
rewriting this by someone with copyright assignment? Then
flyspell-correct could be brought into GNU ELPA and the alternative
interfaces could go into NonGNU ELPA. I will use their bug tracker to
see if the copyright assignment situation has changed.

--
Thanks,
Jai