Re: master 1555453694: Implement `alpha-background' on non-Cairo builds

From: Jose A Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: master 1555453694: Implement `alpha-background' on non-Cairo builds
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 06:39:33 +0000

hi,

On Mon, Jan 31 2022, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> Hey, nice feature.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for me
> (current master --with-pgtk) while `alpha' works fine.  I've just
> changed my

as another data point, i've tried in an emacs with --with-x-toolkit=no
and it works well for me in a regular window manager (e.g. xmonad) with
picom as the compositor.  however, alpha-background doesn't work well in
exwm (while alpha does; alpha-background tints the background of the
window but doesn't show the underlying desktop wallpaper). that might
well be a problem in exwm rather than on emacs's side, though.

cheers,
jao
--
“Some people, when confronted with a problem, think ‘I know, I’ll use
multithreading’. Nothhw tpe yawrve o oblems.” (Eiríkr Åsheim, 2012)