Optional Eshell modules -- to emacs.git or ELPA?

From: Sean Whitton
Subject: Optional Eshell modules -- to emacs.git or ELPA?
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 19:48:50 -0700

Hello,

I have a useful Eshell thing that I would like to make more broadly
available but which should definitely not be turned on by default.  The
final implementation will be as an Eshell module which makes an addition
to post-self-insert-hook.

I notice that there aren't any Eshell modules in GNU ELPA.  So, should I
propose this for inclusion in lisp/eshell/em-*.el, or as something new
in GNU ELPA?

One advantage of the former option is that the extension could be
documented in the Eshell manual, whereas otherwise all there can be is
docstrings and the package description, which is markedly less
discoverable.

Thanks!

--
Sean Whitton