Re: Sv: Sv: Support for background transparency

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Sv: Sv: Support for background transparency
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 20:31:59 +0100

>>>>> On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 21:00:50 +0100, Håkon Flatval <hkon20@hotmail.com>
>>>>> said:

    Håkon> I see - I suppose it's about time I learnt using Magit.

Itʼs not mandatory, but it frees up space in your head for things
other than git :-)

    Håkon> I have attached a new changelog, partially generated from the local
    Håkon> diff which should better fit the requirements.

    >> That looks good, although the Emacs convention is to put two spaces
    >> after '.'

    Håkon> I have corrected this in the latest patch sent to Po Lu.

That looks a lot better, thanks. One minor comment below

    Håkon> Do tell if it needs more changes.

    Håkon> - Håkon

    Håkon> 2022-01-25  Håkon Flatval  <hkon20@hotmail.com>

    Håkon>      * src/xterm.c (x_set_cr_source_with_gc_background):
    Håkon>         Add support for transparent drawing.
    Håkon>         (x_clear_rectangle):
    Håkon>         New function for drawing with background colors.
    Håkon>      (x_draw_rectangle):
    Håkon>         Use x_clear_rectangle function for drawing background.

    Håkon>      * src/xfns.c (Fx_create_frame): Add alpha-background defaults.
    Håkon>      (x_create_tip_frame): Add alpha-background defaults.
    Håkon>      (x_frame_parm_handlers): Add alpha-background handler.

When making the same entry for multiple functions in the same file,
you can combine them:

* src/xfns.c (Fx_create_frame, x_create_tip_frame): Add
alpha-background defaults.
(x_frame_parm_handlers): Add alpha-background handler.

Robert