Re: GNU Emacs: A configurable browser

From: Akira Kyle
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs: A configurable browser
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 19:42:21 -0700

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 03:31 PM, Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:

https://gitlab.com/atamariya/emacs/-/blob/dev/lisp/webkit/webkit-ace.el

This file is written by Akira Kyle, not by you, who has been active around here lately. Akira, have you signed the papers necessary for it
to be included in Emacs?

I am still working on getting my assignment papers signed. I hope to find some time to make some of these features of emacs-webkit into a standalone package which will work with xwidget-webkit. This package could then live on ELPA. I'm not sure if these features are appropriate for being included in emacs core as they represent a somewhat opinionated way of doing keyboard driven web browsing. I suppose if there were a strong desire to include them in emacs core than I would not object.

https://gitlab.com/atamariya/emacs/-/blob/dev/etc/webkit/hints.js
https://gitlab.com/atamariya/emacs/-/blob/dev/etc/webkit/hints.css

To the best of my knowledge, these two files are also written by Akira.

Yes I also wrote these since the webkit-ace.el link hinting feature requires interaction with js to function.