Re: master 262a7c9ea0: New minor mode elide-head-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: master 262a7c9ea0: New minor mode elide-head-mode
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 22:35:39 -0500

>>> And if those commands are made such simple wrappers, they could be
>>> un-obsoleted as well, since it would be useful to explictly disable or
>>> enable elide-head-mode inside `find-file-hook' and other similar places.
>> We don't usually provide such commands for modes, I think?
> Yes, but it wouldn't hurt, seeing as we already have the two old
> commands.

`elide-head-mode` already works both to enable and to disable the minor
mode interactively.  For use on hooks, `elide-head-mode` already works
to enable the mode.  For the rare case where the users need to disable
the mode from a hook, they should use (lambda () (elide-head-mode -1)).

This should hold for all minor modes.

        Stefan