Re: [External] : Re: Default custom file was: Re: Propose to add setup-w

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Default custom file was: Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 11:39:04 +0100 (CET)

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

>>> They turned it off.  End of story.  Some
>>> muffled grumbles, nothing more.  Why?
>>> Because you can still use Emacs as before -
>>> just turn `t-m-mode' off (Customize).
>>> Happy campers all around.
>>>
>> You are overlooking something important: our community is (compared to
>> others) pretty civilised. Idiosyncratic, yes, but civilised. The
>> maintainers are highly respected people (at least among most old
>> timers, and this /is/ an important part of our community). So once a
>> decision has been reached, each one tries to get along with it.

I wouldn't call, opposing to setting a handful of variables every
couple of years to disable new developments and instead stagnating
your favorite libre editor into oblivion, civilized.

If it is that painful to make Customize use its own data file, what
hope would there be to make big improvements to it?