Can one use `occur' (M-s o) with case-fold-search disabled, somehow?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Can one use `occur' (M-s o) with case-fold-search disabled, somehow?
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 12:26:52 +0000

Hello, Emacs.

It seems that increasingly I want to do M-s o on a buffer for some
regexp such as "\\_<eq\\_>", looking for occurrences of "eq", but my
results are swamped by unwanted occurrences of "EQ".  This is not good.

I've looked at the Emacs manual (but not the Lisp code), and there
doesn't seem to be a way to get case sensitive matches.  Is this in fact
the case?

If so, this is also not good.  Why don't we use the key sequence M-s O
for this?  The command could be called `occur-with-case', or something
like that.

Comments?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).