Re: NonGNU ELPA work

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: NonGNU ELPA work
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 12:07:35 +0000

"Bozhidar Batsov" <bozhidar@batsov.dev> writes:

> If something is a well structured package and it's licensed under GPL
> that's all we need IMO. After all NonGNU ELPA doesn't require
> maintainers to do anything special on their end, which means there's
> no real reason to contact them about it.

Reviewing the rules[0], the point is not to check up with every
contributor like with ELPA, but to ensure that the functionality must by
default not depend on non-free software, use SaaSS or install software
that is not part of {GNU,NonGNU} ELPA.

[0] https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/nongnu.git/tree/README.org#n133

--
        Philip Kaludercic