Re: sqlite3

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 08:17:03 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Hmmm... but our w32 'stat' emulation only supports time_t times,
> i.e. 1-second resolution.  Could that be the reason for the problem?

Yes, that would explain what we're seeing.  Is there any chance the w32
stat emulation could be fixed to support sub-second resolutions like it
does on other systems?

If not, I think we'll have to change how the values are stored, and add
a "header" section in the files themselves, so you'd have

---
Timestamp: <high res timestamp>

<value>
---

and then multisession has to open the file and look at the timestamp
"header" to see whether it's newer than what we'd got.

But fixing the stat call in w32 would obviously be better (and generally
useful).