Re: On Contributing To Emacs

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: On Contributing To Emacs
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 22:27:12 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> > Not that I think many users would want these particular features, …
>>
>> Come on!  Who would not want to see the first feature mentioned by
>> Ihor, namely the ability to review changes?
>
> People who have something useful to do during their day, and who
> aren't really interested in examining diffs wrt the previous versions.

I do have "something useful" to do, and yet, I often await new versions
of packages that fix bugs that block me either at work or at school.  I
fail to see the connection between having "something useful" to do
during my day and wanting to see changes before updating packages.  In
general, if someone wants to update software, they might want to know
why. No?

Rudy
--
"'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and
if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'"

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia