Re: sqlite3

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 12:39:06 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> OK, I did that now.  multi-test-files-busy no longer fails in my
> testing.

Great!

> multi-test-files-simple, OTOH, still fails at about 20% rate.  And
> note that it fails because it somehow reads the old value:
>
>   Test multi-test-files-simple condition:
>       (ert-test-failed
>        ((should
>        (=
>         (multisession-value multisession--sfoo)
>         2))
>       :form
>       (= 1 2)
>       :value nil))
>
> So I think the problem I'm seeing here is not that Emacs cannot access
> the file, it's something else.  Any ideas for digging into this?

If you could get the test to cough up what's in the multisession
directory when this happens, that would be helpful.  The -simple- test
should just write the file in Emacs A, Emacs B starts, reads/writes the
file, and exists, and then Emacs A reads the file.

So it should be "impossible" for that to fail, but apparently Windows is
doing something ... weird?  Anti-virus software?  😀  Or there might be
a bug somewhere in the multisession code.