Re: Migrating to sourcehut - what's missing?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Migrating to sourcehut - what's missing?
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 18:30:24 +0100

I made a proper yaml file for sourcehut to see what the build looks
like, and I'm pretty impressed.  You get a nice interactive update,
which is handy when poking at stuff, and if the build fails, it offers
you the possibility to ssh into the VM to check stuff, which sounds like
something that could be very handy.

The VMs at sr.ht aren't exactly fast (a normal build took 23 minutes),
but I guess that's just a question of how much money the FSF is willing
to put into the build server.

My dream is to have a CI that'll tell me within a minute of pushing a
change about all the systems I've broken the build on, but I guess that
will probably have to remain a dream (unless the FSF has more money than
it should).