Re: Incorrect font weight selected

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Incorrect font weight selected
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 14:52:27 +0200

> From: Yuri D'Elia <wavexx@thregr.org>
> Cc: Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 12:29:10 +0100
>
> On Sun, Dec 19 2021, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >>     (set-frame-font (font-spec :name "Inconsolata-13" :weight 'medium))
> >>
> >> then what I get is the regular weight, not the medium weight.  It is as
> >> though the :weight parameter is being completely ignored.
> >
> > Does that font have the 'medium' weight?
>
> $ fc-list 'Inconsolata' | grep Medium
> /usr/share/fonts/truetype/inconsolata/Inconsolata.otf:
> Inconsolata:style=Medium
>
> However:
>
> $ fc-list 'Iosevka' -f '%{style}\n' | grep Medium
> Medium Extended Oblique,Regular
> Medium Extended,Regular
> Medium Oblique,Regular
> Medium Italic,Italic
> Medium Extended Italic,Italic
> Medium,Regular

I asked about the weight, not the style.

Emacs 29 distinguishes between 'medium' and 'regular'/'normal' weight,
and I don't think I see 'medium' in the above output (or maybe I
misunderstand it).

Can you show the numerical value of the weight for each one of the
above font varieties?  (Sorry, I don't know how to ask fc to report
that.)