Re: Oddities in ./configure --with-pgtk's output

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: Oddities in ./configure --with-pgtk's output
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 13:49:20 +0100

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

>> IIUC 'configure' guards WebP support behind several 'test "${HAVE_XXX}"'
>> clauses where XXX represents "something that supports displaying
>> images".  Should this be extended to ${HAVE_PGTK}?
>
> Could you try to extend it that way and test if the webp support works?
> If it does, I will enable it for the PGTK build.

Mmm.  That was slightly more involved than I expected:

- HAVE_PGTK is defined way after HAVE_WEBP is computed,

- the HAVE_PGTK block seems to depend on $GTK_LIBS, so IIUC it should
  come after AC_SUBST(GTK_LIBS),

- the part which performs AC_SUBST(GTK_LIBS) comes after the HAVE_WEBP
  block as well.

The attached patch seems to work (I've ./configure'd --with-pgtk, webp
support was added automatically, and visiting a webp file with the
resulting Emacs successfully displays the image), but I have no idea how
idiomatic my tweaks are.