Re: Contradictiory directions

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Contradictiory directions
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 16:52:42 +0300

On 15.12.2021 15:31, Po Lu wrote:
Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

It's a discussion where one side is aware of the political
connotations of the terms and the reasons why "the world has moved on
from them", and another stays willfully ignorant of them.

Either way, I did not start a discussion about politics, so please don't
turn it into one.

You started to ask questions which are easily answered by doing some research (via searching the web) outside of this mailing list.

There is indeed little point in rehashing this argument which has occurred in a myriad of places by now.

Would you accept a change from "window" to "glass sheet", especially if
"window" will still be used inside Emacs in many places?

Irrelevant.

Developing software is hard enough, so please try not to make it even
more confusing with sudden (and partial) changes in terminology.

There is nothing confusing in "allowlist" and "denylist". Those are plain English.

FWIW, personally I'm in no hurry to move on from "white/black" and "master/slave" in all my projects across the board, but it's clear by now that such a move must occur eventually. So arguing about undoing such changes that have already been made is counter-productive.