Re: Enabling native compilation by default when libgccjit is present

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Enabling native compilation by default when libgccjit is present
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 11:27:21 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: eliz@gnu.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 23:13:08 -0500
>
> The presence of libgccjit should not be taken as an indicator of what
> a given user wants.  There may be distros (now or in the future) which
> install that by default, figuring that it is helpful.

How is this different from any other optional library Emacs can use if
it's present.  Most of them are in the same class: if it is present,
and the user didn't explicitly say "don't build with it", we build
with it.  (libgccjit is not yet in that class, as we didn't yet decide
to build with it by default; but we may decide that in the future.)