Re: sqlite3

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 19:51:51 +0000

> You get SQL interpretter/byte-compiler so you can use SQL to work with your
> data. But Lars obviously, as I understand from last mails, is thinking of
> key-value settings a lá Firefox in Emacs, so I have no idea if he plans to
> expose SQL interface or not.

In that case, it’s unclear to me how much we really get from SQL comparing
to LISt Processing we already have.
If we really benefit from a relational/logical programming language,
I’d also strongly recommend Prolog over SQL.
Prolog blends better with Lisp (homoiconicity), is strictly more
expressive (relational calculus is equivalent to a very restricted
subset of Prolog, with no negation, cut, function symbol, and recursion),
and is easily embedded into Lisp.

Best,
Qiantan