Re: Variable for Confirming Killing a Buffer

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Variable for Confirming Killing a Buffer
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 23:27:14 +0100

> Ah, I didn't know about that package at all.  Reading the doc strings,
> it seems like it does everything discussed here (and more): [...]

Yes.  AFAIK, it doesn't offer an `ask' like option, one has to remove
the lock of a locked buffer explicitly to kill it.  But removing the
lock is not harder than saying "yes" to a prompt.

A kind of "soft" lock that just causes a confirmation prompt could be
added, dunno if that would be more popular.  I don't use the package
regularly since I switched to master (Emacs doesn't cancel crashing when
it sees a lock).

Michael.