Re: Variable for Confirming Killing a Buffer

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Variable for Confirming Killing a Buffer
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 17:58:00 +0100

Oliver Taylor <olivertaylor@me.com> writes:

> (add-hook 'kill-buffer-query-functions #'buffer-confirm-kill-p)

I'm not sure this is the best way to achieve this -- and it'll get in
the way of some things that create buffers and then expect to be able to
kill them off without any queries, I think.

Perhaps we should instead bind `C-x k' to a new command that calls
kill-buffer after (possibly) querying the user instead.

As for the feature itself, I expect people to want to be able to kill
some buffers without query, anyway, so perhaps it should allow a list of
major modes that should be queried?