Re: msys2 build path problems + copy-paste english results in chinese ch

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: msys2 build path problems + copy-paste english results in chinese characters
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 10:42:49 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> > Nope; I haven't manually added any of msys paths to the system, I thought
>> > the
>> > build would add some default paths to msys dirs.
>>
>> Try this in your .emacs :
>>
>> (let ((dir (file-name-directory (car command-line-args))))
>>   (setenv "PATH" (concat (getenv "PATH") path-separator dir))
>>   (setq exec-path (append exec-path (list dir))))
>
> Changing PATH from within Emacs is not recommended, it will bite you
> down the road when you least expect it.

I'm using that since many years ago without problems. It makes possible
to run all the other Mingw-w64 executables installed on the same
directory as emacs.exe without changing the global PATH or using a
script to start Emacs.

If you know a better approach and/or wish to describe a failure mode for
the above code...