Re: Correct byte compiler error/warning positions. The solution!

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: Correct byte compiler error/warning positions. The solution!
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 16:18:48 +0000

Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org> writes:

> Hi Alan,
>
> I think would be interesting to have a comparative run also using
> <https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/elisp-benchmarks.html>
>
>   Andrea

Adding on this,

given we should very carefully evaluate the performance impact (one
single benchmark is certainly not sufficient), I think we should stay
away for solutions adding performance cost to the run-time.

There's no question we'll have to pay a cost for this, but the other
solutions on the table (hashing conses or fat conses) are impacting only
the compile time and therefore IMO should definitely be preferred.

Regards

  Andrea