Re: Entering emojis

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Entering emojis
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 13:44:18 -0700

>> Perhaps we could add arrow keys/TAB/C-n/C-p/etc.+RET navigation,
>> though that would just be the cherry on top.
>
> In addition to the letter input thing?

My idea is that it could be implemented right on top, yes.  I don't know
if transient.el supports this, though.

>> In addition to "C-g", perhaps it would be good to give a standard key
>> like "q" the meaning "go back to the previous screen" and maybe "Q" to
>> mean "I changed my mind, close everything and insert no emoji"?
>
> This is the first time I've used transient.el -- do transients normally
> bind `q'?

Magit only has `C-g', but I haven't used other transient.el UIs much.

My idea was in analogy with the fact that in any help buffer I can hit
"q" to quit.  OTOH maybe transient.el feels more like a minibuffer thing
than a special buffer?  So maybe we could just list the "C-g" keybinding?