Re: Moving kbd to subr.el

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Moving kbd to subr.el
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 11:29:22 +0800

Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:

> Emacs 29 + 2*N: allow only the kbd syntax, display an error otherwise.

> Sure, this could break some configurations and some old code

Almost all my code uses the old syntax.  And I'm sure a lot of other
code too, not necessarily old.

It might be ugly, but there's no harm in leaving it there, and a great
deal of harm in removing it.

As for the comparisons with xref and cl-lib, they're not accurate at
all.  Code using old cl will still work thanks to the compatibility
shims, and almost nobody uses xref anyway.

Just my two cents.  Thanks.