Re: Moving kbd to subr.el

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Moving kbd to subr.el
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 13:08:26 +0000

This thread is rather long, so for those who did not read all its posts, this is what my proposal is:

I sadly didn't follow the thread from the beginning (because the subject wasn't changed), but was the actual issue with using kbd discussed somewhere you could point me to?

I don't think there was a discussion about an "actual issue", it was observed that (1) the old string key binding format "sucks", and (2) requiring to wrap each key binding written in the "modern" string key binding format (the one that's used everywhere) in an explicit call to kbd is inconvenient.