Re: Moving kbd to subr.el

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Moving kbd to subr.el
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 17:01:13 +0200

T.V Raman <raman@google.com> writes:

> Related: see
> https://emacspeak.blogspot.com/2020/10/extracted-light-weight-key-reader-by.html
> and some follow-up discussion probably on this list.

Thanks, that's useful.  I will most likely "borrow" some ideas from
your tests for the test suite.  There seems to be some opportunities
for simplifying the code as well, something that I avoided in my
version.

Is your 'new-kbd' intended to be bug-for-bug compatible with 'kbd', or
have there been any functional changes along the way?  Are you
suggesting that we could perhaps just replace 'kbd' with your new
version?  (One observation is that your version still uses the cl-
functions, so it would need adjusting for subr.el.)