Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 00:24:31 +0700

On Fri, 3 Sept 2021 at 00:09, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> > “Pure” GitHub-based workflow does not mean “no email whatsoever”.
> > GitHub users do not poll the website all day to see if they have any
> > pull requests or incoming comments — they react to mail notifications,
> > too.
>
> How could they react to email notifications, if, as we are being told,
> they don't open their mailboxes?

Are we being told that?

People became unaccustomed to interacting with other people via email,
is all. Email has become (1) an authentication mechanism (“please
enter your email address”, “we’ve sent you a temporary login code or
link”), and (2) the vessel for incoming notifications leading you back
to a website (“you were mentioned in a thread on Slack and did not
react to it in five minutes, click here to read it”).