Re: Known case that emacs lisp code doesn't work correctly if native com

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Known case that emacs lisp code doesn't work correctly if native compilde
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 15:14:28 -0400

> I would like to investigate it but probably it will take for a while.
> So before starting it I would like to ask one question.

I think you should open a bug report for that.

> Is there any known case that some type of emacs lisp code doesn't work
> correctly if it is native compiled?

IIRC native compilation recompiles the .el files instead of starting
from the .elc files, so if compilation of the .el to .elc is only
correct depending on specific packages being loaded in a specific order
it may happen that the native compilation will generate invalid code
(this is typically the case for large packages which force you to
compile the package via a `make` rule which takes care of preloading
the necessary files in the right order).

So far this has been a hypothetical problem, tho, so please report it so
we can better investigate.

        Stefan