Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 11:39:35 +0300

> Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 09:53:55 +0200
> From: tomas@tuxteam.de
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > > On top of that, some MUAs (again, the same) don't know what a
> > > Message-ID is and thread based on Subject. Resulting in monster
> > > threads with the incredibly informative Subject "Re:".
> >
> > That's what Rmail does, and I have yet to see a significant problem
> > with it, let alone that it broke my workflows.
>
> You mean it doesn't honour Message-ID/In-Reply-To/and References
> when they are there?

It does, but not for threading purposes.  Rmail's equivalent of
threading commands are rmail-next-same-subject and
rmail-previous-same-subject; the names of those commands already tell
you what it does.  It doesn't have any other notion of threads, AFAIK,
and doesn't allow display of messages by threads, except grouping them
by Subject.